Thursday 27 June 2013

What's new?

Well not a lot to be honest. I have been slowly creating graphics for the UI and creating symbols for all the resources. Unfortunately I haven't even begun to code them in yet, not because I've run into another programming issue but because I've run into life issues.

The main reason so little work has been done on Starbase is because recently I received Design work. By trade I'm a freelance designer, and jobs aren't as common as you might think around my area. Since Starbase is a project I work on in my free time it's not exactly a plausible option to lay off work and pursue Starbase in full time development. So unfortunately I must set aside starbase for the next week or so to earn money.

My friends have suggested to me that put starbase up on Steam or Desura and charge something like $3-5 to help supplement my wage. Which is not necessarily a bad idea, just it's not really an option in the foreseeable future.The game at the moment doesn't have an enormous fan base eagerly awaiting the release, so I'd need to do some advertising beforehand. Not to mention the fact that the game is no where near completion.


But that asside what I can tell you is that the In-game UI or HUD (whatever the technical gaming term is) is basically complete graphically. I still will need to implement the programming, but unlike the mini-map I wont be experimenting with new coding so it's merely a factor of time. No images or videos today, just an update on what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment